Techno Log [7]: Phillip of M.A.N.D.Y. @ #



4/25/2009 (started at 2AM)

8 out of 10

Quality music throughout the night. Nikola opened with a solid set. Christian's set was really great - this was the 3rd time I've seen him in 7 days (he played GG park last week and opened for Paco Osuna the night before) and he appropriately stylized his set for each event, which I respect. Phillip's set was good overall, but to be honest, I felt like he didn't play a proper "com#" set. I expected a certain amount of wobbliness and/or spaceiness for the set (especially given that he went on around 4:15AM), but this was pretty straight ahead organized techno. I left early (around 6:30 AM), but I am told he got more melodic towards the end. Overall a great night and 3 great sets. The # never lets me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment